VCDPA provides Virginia consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. More specifically, you have the following rights regarding PPG’s collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information:
- Right to know: You may request that we disclose additional details about the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you.
- Right to correct: You may request that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we have about you in our possession.
- Right to request deletion: You may request that we delete Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you.
- Right to obtain a copy: You may request that we provide you with, in a portable (and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable) format a copy of the Personal Information that you previously provided to us.
- Right to opt-out of processing your data: You may request that we stop processing your Personal Information for targeted advertising, sale to third parties, and profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects to you. Please note that PPG does not sell your data or use it for profiling in a manner that would produce a legal or significant effect on you.
- Right to non-discrimination: You will not be discriminated against by PPG, in terms of the quality and price of the goods and services we offer, because you exercised any of these rights.
Where you have given us your consent to process your Personal Information, you can withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost with effect for the future. If you do, we will stop the respective processing of your Personal Information based on that consent. However, this may, for example, prevent us from providing you with certain services for which we processed your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via PPG Privacy Portal. You may appeal a decision concerning your rights by contacting us at the same phone number or email address.
You may be able to opt-out of PPG sharing your Personal Information with the entities identified in this Notice by submitting a request to PPG via the method described above, unless the sharing of your Personal Information is necessary to perform one of the following business purposes:
- To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted Personal Information, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at PPG and to prosecute those responsible for those actions, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- For short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with the business, provided that the Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction with the business.
- To perform services on behalf of PPG, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of PPG.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or product that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by PPG, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or product that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by PPG.
PPG will do its best to accommodate any request to delete or properly dispose of any copies of your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee we can eliminate all Personal Information from the specified uses. Therefore, please be as specific as possible in any request to delete or dispose of copies of your Personal Information. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise to perform a contract we entered into with you;
- Help to ensure the security and integrity to the extent the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that conforms or adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us and are compatible with the context in which you provided the information; or
- Comply with a legal obligation.
If you choose to request that we delete certain portions of your Personal Information, it may affect your ability to use certain parts our Sites or other PPG services. If the request relates to information that PPG needs to make the Sites function properly for you, you may no longer be able to use the Sites.
You may grant an authorized agent written permission to submit requests regarding your Personal Information. PPG may request proof of your written permission before responding to any requests made by a supposedly authorized agent. PPG may deny authorized agent requests if we are unable to verify your identity, or if you cannot provide proof that you authorized the agent to act on your behalf.
PPG is required to verify the identity of any person or entity that requests the disclosure or deletion of Personal Information. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may use our existing authentication procedures to verify your identity. Please indicate in your request if you have such an account. For most other requests from consumers that do not have a password-protected account with us, PPG will ask you to provide information that matches at least three pieces of personal information we store about you before responding to your request. If you would like to request specific pieces of your personal information that PPG has collected, or if you would like us to delete your information, you will need to provide information that matches at least three pieces of information we store about you and you must provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information you are requesting.
When attempting to verify your identity, we will try to avoid asking you for Sensitive data (as that term is defined by applicable law). Instead, we may ask you to provide other types of information to match what we have in our records. For example, we may ask for your full name, your job title, your date of birth, portions of your home address or office address, or your PPG account login name, among other types of information.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser ”do not track” signals, but to learn more about how to opt-out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.