Additional Information to California Residents
The CCPA provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. More specifically, you have the following rights regarding PPG’s collection, use and sharing of your personal information:
- Right to know: You may request that we disclose additional details about the personal information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you.
- Right to request deletion: You may request that we delete personal information we have collected or maintain about you.
- Right to non-discrimination: You will not be discriminated against by PPG, in terms of the quality and price of the goods and services we offer, because you exercised these rights regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information.
Where you have given us your consent to process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost with effect for the future. If you do, we will stop the respective processing of your personal information based on that consent. However, this may, for example, prevent us from providing you with certain services for which we processed your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by submitting a request via PPG Privacy Portal.
You may be able to opt out of PPG sharing your personal information with the entities identified in this statement by submitting a request via PPG Privacy Portal, unless the sharing of your personal information is necessary to perform one of the following business purposes: to count ad impressions and evaluate their effectiveness; to detect, protect against, and prosecute security incidents; to debug or troubleshoot functional errors that may arise with the Website and Apps and related services; to complete short-term tasks related to an existing interaction you have with PPG; to maintain or service your account; to process payments and fulfill orders or other transactions you authorize; to verify your customer information; and to ensure the safety and quality of our products and services.
PPG will do its best to accommodate any request to delete or properly dispose of any copies of your personal information, but we cannot guarantee we can eliminate all personal information from the specified uses. Therefore, please be as specific as possible in any request to delete or dispose of copies of your personal information. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise to perform a contract we entered into with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If you choose to request that we delete certain portions of your personal information, it may affect your ability to use certain parts our Website and Apps or other PPG services. If the request relates to information that PPG needs to make the Website and Apps function properly for you, you may no longer be able to use such Website and Apps.
You may grant an authorized agent written permission to submit requests regarding your personal information. PPG may request proof of your written permission before responding to any requests made by a supposedly authorized agent. PPG may deny authorized agent requests if we are unable to verify your identity, or if you cannot provide proof that you authorized the agent to act on your behalf.
PPG is required to verify the identity of any person or entity that requests the disclosure or deletion of personal information. If you have a password-protected account with us, we will use our existing authentication procedures to verify your identity. For most other requests from consumers that do not have a password-protected account with us, PPG will ask you to provide information that matches at least two pieces of personal information we store about you before responding to your request. If you would like to request specific pieces of your personal information that PPG has collected, or if you would like us to delete highly sensitive information, you will need to provide information that matches at least three pieces of information we store about you, and you must provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information you are requesting.
When attempting to verify your identity, we will avoid asking you for more sensitive personal information such as your full name or credit/debit card number. Instead, we may ask you to provide other types of information to match what we have in our records. For example, we may ask for part of your name, your job title, your date of birth, or portions of your home address or office address, among other types of information.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.